Working from Home
Ever thought an opportunity was too good to be true? Well, it probably is. Since the internet has become a way of life for many people the number of scams of every magnitude have emerged. It is quite possible you have been a victim of online scams in the past. This article is to enlighten you and help you beware of notorious ‘make money from home scams’.
Everyday the incidence of make money from home scams are increasing. Not until people are educated and made aware of the posing threat they are, that we can start getting them off the internet. Too many innocent people are losing their money and the perpetrators are getting away free.
Work from Home Scams
1)You are asked to pay a hiring fee
- a) If someone promises you a job, but insist you pay a fee for administration, processing or uniform, then it is bogus.
2) Identity theft through job application.
- a) You submit your personal information and it gets into the wrong hands. It is used to steal your identity and commit fraud.
3) Being hired for an illegal job.
- a) Do not get caught up in the “reshipper” scam.
- b) You are hired to receive packages and then ship them overseas.
- c) You are required to ship the packages overseas and then get paid with a fraudulent cheque.
4) Bank Accounts
- a) You are required to open a bank account or accept company’s check so as to ‘TEST’ the wire transfer method.
- b) The company has no physical address or never able to contact a human.
5) No transaction records
Don’t Be a Victim of make money from home Scams.
With so many works from home programs available, it is important to do thorough research before making any decisions. It is best to join a program that has been recommended by someone you trust and where there are testimonials. These testimonials should be verifiable. Whether it is stuffing envelopes, assembling toys or flashlights or even medical transcribing you can be victimized. Many times it’s in the form of nonpayment. You a ire entitled to report any company to the Better Business bureau that are behaving unscrupulously. Victims have rights when it comes to internet scams.
It is important to be alert and be aware of ‘make money from home’ scams that have been set in place to trick you. They will take your money and leave you dry. There is little that can be done in the way of being reimbursed, because the company would have closed up shop and taken off. Keep your information and money secured.